Sunday, September 11, 2011

Biography.

My name is Jonathan and I am currently majoring in Pastoral Ministries with a minor in Urban Ministries. My hometown is Boston, MA. I was born in the United States, but both of my parents were born in foreign countries: my father was born in Portugal and my mother was born in Brazil. I have a heart for missions, both world missions and local missions. I believe that we as believers are all called to missions: "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you" (Matthew 28:18-20). I believe God prepared my heart for the cities of the world at a young age through the gifts He planted in me and through my attraction to the hip-hop and multiethnic culture found in urban environments. Growing up, I got along well with people of all races and ethnicities. God has also blessed me with a passion for dancing (specifically popping) and rapping. Music is one of the most powerful tools we have to reach a lost and dying world and I believe dance is a way of properly interpreting that music.

No comments:

Post a Comment